Art by Rose Moo Howard, postcard design by Charity Rae (front) & Christina Coleman (back).
- Cut out all the owl pieces.
- Try arranging the pieces where they go before poking the holes. The x is a rough guide, but you might like your puppet arranged slightly differently, so test it out first.
- Once you’ve found the right spot, poke the holes with something sharp – you can use an awl, or a needle. The holes are pretty small. It’s best to place the head in front of the body, not behind. Then it can spin!
- Stick the brads through the holes and open them in the back.
- You can decorate the puppet by coloring it in. Try markers! Paint? You can glue things onto it! You can cut something out of paper and add an accessory.
Brads look like this. There should be some small ones on the back of your card. After you poke them through, you open them up flat